April 18, 2011

Beckett: Small, Human, Crash Test Dummy

Our camera recently disappeared, I fear, with a few megabytes of yet to be downloaded video footage and priceless pics of the boys.  I was home for a visit to GR over the weekend - just me - and had a spare two hours before flying home to Denver that I  luxuriously spent shopping with my mom.  I picked up a sharp new suit for a song, an ample stack of books for the boys and, most importantly, a new handy pocket Canon to capture amusing moments while on monkey safari.  I returned and filmed the Goodwillie monkeys back in their natural habitat performing stunts on bikes and scooters, and, in Rhys' case, barking like a loony tune.

My original cut of this video included Beckett face planting, hard (his signature maneuver) on the scooter with a track of the Pixies "Broken Face" layered over the primary audio of giggles - ass-over-apple cart, thunk on the sidewalk - and then Beck's delayed cry, but that seemed a bit over the top, even for me.  All the video below is after Beckett's face plant, so he was, actually, just fine.  We all had a blast horsing around this afternoon, albeit with a few boo-boos.  Lucky for me Catherine fell asleep with Kelly at bedtime, so I had an hour to edit the footage and write up a proper introduction. 

Enjoy the show and let me know if you'd like to see the director's "Broken Face" cut.







No comments:

Post a Comment