March 23, 2011

Maple Syrup Mohawk

Per Kelly's request, I made a fat stack of fine cinnamon kissed french toast.  I cut the slices in squares for Beckett, parallelograms for Kelly, and triangles for Rhys. With two cups of strong brew nudging me into the swing of things, I plated the toast with a shallow pool of dark amber maple syrup and fat, fresh strawberries.  Kelly finished first and slipped away from the table to inspect a book. As I turned to the sink to fill the kettle for a second pot of coffee, Beckett grabbed Kelly's plate and inexplicably dumped remaining puddle of maple syrup on his head.  Rather than worry about the sticky mess, I gave Beckett a maple syrup Mohawk, took some pics, and handed him off to Catherine for a shampoo and buff.  Some days, we are nothing more than the parental equivalent to the zoo keepers assigned to monitor the mayhem and manage the mess on monkey island.


No comments:

Post a Comment