December 12, 2009

Big Christmas Box and the Tiny Tree


































So, we finally mustered up a focused fifteen minutes and fished the boxes stuffed with Christmas chachkies out of the crawler. We decided not to free the dusty fake poinsettias from their clear plastic coffin, but we unboxed the musical snowball to the delight of Kelly and Rhys. Santa and his petite team of just three reindeer must have circumnavigated the glass globe at least one hundred times before the boys grew tired of watching. When the blizzard inside the orb waned to a flurry, Kelly would reminded me to turn it over by prodding, "More nieve (snow in Spanish)."

Rhys loves do anything with me, but especially if he's sitting perfectly in my lap, just so. He'll read a library of books, watch a few minutes of a ballgame, or eat really anything perched in the sweet spot of my lap. If he slips down just an inch or if I need to shift him this way or that, he can lose his marbles lickety-spit...and drool. He's a big lover and hugger. Two of his favorite books involve hugging. One picture book called Hug is about a baby chimp who needs a hug. The only word in the book is "hug" and Rhys lights up each time the word is read and leans his head toward my chest, giving me a little snuggle. At the end of the story the little lost chimp, Bobo, finds his Mommy and gets a big hug. Rhys always laughs and grins when I give him a big hug, too.



Today, Catherine took the big ones to a birthday party at Monkey Business while I stayed back at base (gladly) with Beckett. I hadn't had a day alone with him in a while. It was a joyous, relaxing few hours together. After his morning bottle and before his morning nap, I gave him a proper bath. My only regret today was not running for a camera and doing a Pebe style photo shoot. Beckett kicked, splashed, and smiled while I shampooed his thinning baby hair and de-cheesed his neck folds.

For more photos of today's adventures around the house, go here: http://gallery.me.com/tfkdenver

Did you notice the foot-long strand of drool tailing out of Rhys' mouth in the photo above?


No comments:

Post a Comment